Monday, April 12, 2010

Grand Union Canal Stroll

I meant to add that lots of small donations are what I'm after. If I want to raise the Gurkha issue to lots of people, then it's better to have 50 donations of 10 rather than five donations of 100.

I thought I'd name the walks in honour of the donors; you, your children, your friends. I thought to suggest donations in proportion to the distance walked - so the frst walk with Lia on Sunday was 5km, the second alone on Monday was just 2.5 km. At £2 per km, donors would match £15 against those already walked.

So what I'd do is publish my intended walks in advance if possible and seek donations to match the distances. That way people could match what they could afford. Obviously the distances will tend to be bigger at weekends and worse, they'll get longer closer to the event. Early sponsorship is advised.

Nice and complicated, this gives me a focus as well as a 650 km training target. It sets the funding goal (£1300) at twice my requirement (£500).

Sponsor wanted: 3km

No comments:

Post a Comment