Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ulysses' Tower?

That James Joyce spent a few days in The Martello Tower in Sandycove is taken out of all proportion in the renaming of the tower. Joyce's Tower is just one of some forty-two distinctive defensive buidlings dotted around the coast line. Napoleon had other ideas and the French didn't arrive. But Stephen Dedalus did via Ulysses and James Joyce gets his name on the tower he wrote about. In consequence, Sandycove has become a major Bloomsday hive of activity. Why not Ulysses' Tower? Or Heron Close?

The light this morning was really good for photos but I'd only brought my 55-250 mm zoom lens. A warm day, the East Pier was relatively quiet since it was before 9 am on a Sunday. I still wonder about people clutching hot lattes on powerwalks - seems mad to me.

Racheted up another 5.6 km which takes me over 300 km.

PLS SPONSOR ME5.6 KM

No comments:

Post a Comment