Friday, July 9, 2010

Racing Narrowboats?

The dreaded shin splints returned today when I went back south to Little Britain. First real pain in a month and they lasted four kilometres. Once they passed, I was walking efficiently enough to overtake narrowboats on the canal. I beat one called Willow to the Toll House and Malt Shovel Pub at Cowley Lock, wondering if a dead Muntjac deer that had been floating there had been removed since we saw it earlier in the week. I think this the warmest day so far this year; it felt over 30 C but TV will confirm later.

Having walked another 10 km today, I have just 8 km left to walk to reach my personal training goal of 650 km. Here's an interesting aside: current Walkmeter statistics tell me that I will have been out walking for 140 hours and used 41000 calories. These seem like big numbers to me.

WANTED: SPONSOR FOR 10 KM

No comments:

Post a Comment