Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yet Another Canal Walk

A short walk, just 7.75 km up to Denham and back. A humid, overcast day and not a lot more to write about it. Bashful and I ate lunch during a telephone conference call between the Oxfam Trailwalker organisers and the walkers. Lots of questions about the checkpoints, signage and facilities as you'd expect. It seems that the Gurkhas prepare curries at several locations and the traditional completion meal is another curry. An interesting development, perhaps a bit worrying; I think I'll bring my own food. Other sage advice included waving arms at bullocks (which will be exhausting since we have a Bulloch in the team!).

Walkmeter linking into Facebook has a dark side. The volume controls are disabled when the iPhone speaks the comments posted on my 'wall'. Good outdoors. Awkward in meetings if people comment after a walk has completed. Very awkward.  Couple that to the sense of being stalked and I'm going to have to get off Facebook.

And if you have problems making a donation on the site, forget it, don't waste your time. Thanks anyway but even I was unable to donate today so I understand your frustration. But I'm really pleased to see we ten have reached £12,707.70 despite the intermittent problems on the site.


Thank You BOB! Once here and again HERE where the pain was worst! 

No comments:

Post a Comment