Wednesday, June 30, 2010

By way of Little Britain

Lots to hear today. "Hello? I got your number on Google?" she said with confidence as crossed the road oblivious to the bicycles. "When you said you wuz goin on oliday I thought you wuz goin sumwhere nice." said one hi-viz jacket lying under a tree among several others. "Nah, just Itly mate!" replied the guy with his head pillowed on an empty water bottle. "Thanks mate" said the policeman hurrying down the tow-path on his bicycle.

It was a beautiful day on which to walk beside the Frays River through Frays Park and on to Fassnidge Park and then all the way down to Packet Boat Marina. Across on the Slough Spur of the Grand Union Canal and back up along the London Loop through Little Britain and beside the River Colne.

Just over 10 km and then up 5 stories in 32 seconds. OK, I admit that was a bit extreme but I'm beginning to enjoy the odd celebration my new found fitness.

WANTED: SPONSOR FOR 10 KM

No comments:

Post a Comment