Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lunch Time Canal Walk

Bashful and I walked out to the Buckinghamshire Golf Course and back, about 10 km. Amidst signs advertising a corporate golf tournament, there were flights of four playing in the heat oblivious to the woodpeckers and other industrious birds trying to make ends meet. We saw the aggregate conveyor being fixed - this after months of inactivity despite all the adds about how road metal would go by canal not motorway. We talked about rambling things like blisters and sunburn while the new snatch-purse (Chancellor of the Exchequer) was elsewhere announcing how he would be picking rich pockets for years to come. It's funny how you buy spinach in a bag and it's ready to use but if you buy a bagged shirt you have to wash it to remove the creases. It seems to me that the roles of Treasury and government are similarly inverted. You might say the 'elect me again' Dracula of government gets to play with the sovereign's Blood Bank.

I seem to have lost (the plot and) a walk somewhere in the blogging past but no matter. This was the 39th (or maybe 40th) training outing and brought me to a grand total of 463 km or 71% of my promise. Time is running out: just 24 days left, 167 km to walk, so you can see I have a challenge.

WANTED: SPONSOR FOR 10 KM

No comments:

Post a Comment