Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Uxbridge Lunch Walk

A lunchtime stroll with Bashful and M, we noticed more butterflies than we'd seen before and how parched the golf course had become in just ten days. We saw several types of golfer; Brown Retired, Lunchtime Skimmers and several groups of Greater Well-fed Bankers, judging by the Bentleys and Ferraris in the car park. A kayaker lunching by his camp fire, an interesting counterpoint.

This 9 km walk took me through the psychologically significant 500 km barrier just after I learned FatBoy's diet had propelled us through the £4000 participation requirement. A BIG thank you to everyone who is sponsoring us. I was further comforted to learn that I would only need ten big macs to provide all the calories needed for the 60 mile Trailwalker (yes, that's just one big mac for every 10 km and without the extra salt and fat that fries add!). Of course, a cold big mac induces the gag reflex so I was eating a different lunch as I walked today - a few bananas, a trail bar and a couple of boxed drinks.

I saw a big shroom and discovered the mycologue as I was trying to identify it? Any ideas anyone?

Here are the walking stats with 150 km to go before the big day. I aimed at 650 km knowing I would struggle to find time for the extra 30 hours walking to match the Oxfam recommendation.

SPONSORS WELCOME: £18

No comments:

Post a Comment